Wednesday 12 September 2012

Bunny Slippers!

These are amazing!  With the first condensation on my windows the other day, I knew it was turning cold outside.

Having never made slippers or felted before, thought this would be a great wee project for cozy tootsies over winter :)

I found the pattern here on Ravelry.  It's one of the only paid ones I've used from there but is definitely worth it.

I used Rowan Creative Focus because it is YUMMY!!  It's not the cheapest of yarns - if you know of cheaper nice felting wool please do let me know!  It smells like sheep.  Nice sheep.  Barns and hay and yummyness.  It does seem a shame to felt it when it's so soft!

Felting took me aaaaages - the pattern says it should take around half an hour.  I don't know if I was doing it wrong/being too gentle/ soap issues, but I was here for houuuuurs (perhaps I was just very picky about the exact fit - these babies are like foot gloves).  In the end it felted wonderfully and they are cozy and fluffy and nice :)


I took many many photos because I love them.  luffluff.










No comments:

Post a Comment




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...