Saturday 15 August 2015

Many Knitted Things


I haven't had much knitting to show you lately, because it's all supposed to be secret!  I've also got to get a move on, because it's all supposed to be out soon.  Since I can't show you exactly what I'm knitting, perhaps I can bleat on about the yarn a little :D  

Above, in glorious orange, is Malabrigo Rios, which is a superwash DK, in colourway 'sunset'.  It's very soft, very shiny, very smooshy.  There's ~190m per skein, and it is listed on Ravelry as a worsted weight yarn.  Currently I'm knitting it on 4mm needles and it's making quite a nice fabric in stockinette.  It's ~£11 per skein so doesn't break the bank, and is 100% superwash merino wool. 

Below is The Knitting Goddess Britsock - it's so soft!  The pattern for this yarn will be appearing around March, so quite a wee wait, but I can promise it'll be worth it (and well worth getting the yarn too...).  This is 400m per skein, made up of 40% BFL, 20% wensleydale, 20% nylon & 20% alpaca.  It's high-twist to make it ideal for socks, and comes in some lovely hand-dyed shades.  It's £15.50 from the Knitting Goddess website, which seems very reasonable for such a yummy hand-dyed skein. 

More even than knitting (shock horror), I've had quite a lot of fun putting the photos together.  There was a post recently on the A Playful Day blog about taking time to enjoy taking photos, which I can definitely agree with!

What have you been knitting lately?

For more sneaky peeks and snippets of yarn I'm currently using, I tend to pop projects onto Ravelry under something conveniently ambiguous such as 'secret socks' or 'coming soon cardigan'. 

At the moment I also have a couple of test knits on the go for an upcoming collection, there's a shawl, cardigan, and two hats.  Do get in touch at owlprintpanda@gmail.com if you'd be interested in any of these:

Hat: 1/2 x skein DK
Hat: 1 x skein Worsted
Shawl: 150g 4-ply
Cardigan: approx. 300-400g DK

Also this week, I've started a postgraduate diploma in Medical Education!  Quite looking forward to being a 'student' again, not least for the 15% discount at Office.  It's a distance learning course from Dundee (though maybe I'll need to find an excuse to make it less 'distance' and pop into Fluph more often).  If you've never been to Fluph, I'd definitely recommend a visit.

We're also ALMOST over the flat-upheaval, and the only person we're waiting on is the tiler!!  The kitchen is done, the new shower is done, I've painted all of the windows and doors and cleaned all of the flat (boy helped yesterday, very much appreciated help).  We'd be tempted to leave the plaster bare but unfortunately it only covers one wall and some choice hole repairs so we'll also have to get choosing some paint!


So what are you up to?  Exciting weekend plans?  Much knitting?  No knitting at all?


 





No comments:

Post a Comment




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...