- 120g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 1tbsp vanilla flavouring
- very ripe bananas (~ 4 small or 2 large), mashed
- 170g self-raising flour
- 30g oats
- 50ml milk
NB: same sugar can be used for the sugars if you want, and 200g of flour instead of oats if you don't have any.
- 1 saucepan
- set of scales
- loaf tin
1. melt the butter, sugars and vanilla together in a saucepan
2. take the saucepan off the heat and let it cool a little, then add your mashed bananas
3. add in the flour, oats and milk and mix well.
4. pour into your loaf tin and pop into a 160c fan oven for 30 mins or until the top has gone lovely and brown and/or you can stick a knife in it without pulling out dough.
Also, I am very excited today because my provisional job offer came through the door :D (with many many pieces of paper to fill in and forms to find and other people to call to find said forms 'cause I have no idea what they are).
Is very cool. I feel like I'm being let loose on the world far too early. Nervous, but a good nervous!
What're you up to this weekend? Any good news of your own?
Amanda :D x