Sunday 22 September 2013

Autumn Loving

Autumn Loving @owlprintpanda.blogspot.co.uk

I love autumn!!!  On the way home from work this morning (in a slightly delirious sleep-deprived state) I couldn't help but marvel at this time of year.

The sun was out, the brisk wind pulling at my scarf (handknit, ofc).  Chestnuts fall from the trees above as squirrels begin to prepare for winter.  Crunching, crisp leaves underfoot rustle and spiral and dance in the eddying wind.  

It's a time of year when all my favourite colours - the oranges, greens & browns - are out everywhere and so inspiring for new knits and musings :)  I'm currently trying to make items for my new flat on my days off - cushions, blankets and the like.  It;s coming along!  If a little slower than I'd like.  Is it just me who has no patience when it comes to this sort of thing?  Or, saying that, no patience at all, ever, really.  

This is my bedroom.  It is rundown and damp and I'm pretty sure all the neighbours can see straight in.  Forgiving all of that; I love to sit in my cozy feather bed with a book or some knitting, watching the trees and plants outside the window sway in the wind.  We have little bird feeders hanging from the branches, and the way the little creatures move is mesmerising.   It's the perfect spot to curl up with a hot water bottle for storied & daydreams.

Autumn Loving @owlprintpanda.blogspot.co.uk

I also love this photo, because it's not difficult to spot which side of the bed belongs to who.  On my partners side, the basic ikea bedside table, with a spare desk lamp and clock, watch, other useful items.  In contrast, I have a little white table which I love, and although you can't see it the shelves are filled with pretty yarn baskets and books I've yet to read.  And the owl lamp.  Oh goodness the owl lamp.  It is pretty, and girly, and not at all functional (I'm not sure anything which would be useful overnight is actually in that thing).  

Autumn Loving @owlprintpanda.blogspot.co.ukAutumn Loving @owlprintpanda.blogspot.co.uk


We need some prints or something for those hooks above the bed - it's definitely a little bare in there!!

I've just fallen in love (and so promptly bought) this amazing print from Sarah Ray, though am sure it will fit better in the kitchen...

Autumn Loving @owlprintpanda.blogspot.co.uk


Again, I've been experimenting with dyeing different fibre in the same manner.  Today was massam and teeswater top.  Both come from lovely curly looking sheep - aren't they the cutest kind?!   The teeswater is so shiiiiiiny, definitely my favourite of the two!!  Both available in my etsy shop :)  

Autumn Loving @owlprintpanda.blogspot.co.uk
Massam

Autumn Loving @owlprintpanda.blogspot.co.uk
Massam

Autumn Loving @owlprintpanda.blogspot.co.uk
Teeswater

Autumn Loving @owlprintpanda.blogspot.co.uk
Teeswater


What do you have planned for this week??  I have the week off!! Cannot wait to sit and do nothing for a day or two!!  Hehe :)

Any suggestions for some awesome artisty types I can nosey at for a new picture for my wall?

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...