Saturday 25 January 2014

Doomsday Knits & 'The Littlest Giant Geek'

AAaaaah t'is here.  What an awesome book.  Whilst waiting on it to arrive, I've been getting carried away again (much like arrow necklaces for arrow shawls sort of carried away), and playing Apocalypse themed games with popcorn and beer.  Mmm.   Largely due to this, and my excitement that we were about to watch a film involving humans living in space, my partner reminded me yesterday that I was 'the littlest giant geek'.  I shall wear that badge with pride.

This week I've to compile a mini-CV and fill out the online portfolio required to apply for the second year post of my job - it's a little scary!  There are at the same time too many and not enough choices.  What do I want to do??  I have no idea.  Maybe I should just close my eyes and throw little sticky balls at the list.  There are two of the jobs I really would like, but then there's the perpetual dilemma of 'getting your hopes up'.

That all sounds a little pessimistic really doesn't it!  Of course I'll apply for the ones I'd love.  I'll just give it a little while before I grow attached.  Distract myself with knitting, and books which combine post apocalyptic earth geekery with the best hobby ever* (*in my humble opinion).

In case you'd like to join me in the land of tiny giant geeks, the book is 'Doomsday Knits: Projects for the Apocalypse and After', and can be found here on Ravelry.

The yarn?  What is the yarn, you ask? Is some Yummy Malabrigo.  Is squishy.  I squish it.





No comments:

Post a Comment




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...