Saturday 8 February 2014

GingerSnaps

Inspired by biscuits; probably doesn’t taste like one. Try it in the colours of your favourite snack, of ignore my ramblings and just go ahead knit it in a nice colour.

As anyone will attest, I have a little bit of a sweet tooth.  I'll happily eat lemon meringue pie for dinner.  It was only a matter of time before this translated into my knitting.  You know you've eaten too many sweets when the reputation you've acquired at work is 'that wee one who eats all the sweeties'.

Whilst this hat was in test knitting I became a little disheartened, because a similar one appeared at the same time :(  However, given the lace panelling, brim, general multicolourness were all different, I couldn't drop my pretty hat!  I suppose it's one of these unfortunate coincidences which occur from time to time.  This wee lovely probably won't see much knitting, but melikes it :)



Construction

Beginning with a provisional cast on, this hat is knit from the brim up toward the crown. It has a double layer brim, and is constructed of two complimentary lace patterns.

The directions are written using two colours, but if you’d like to use only one throughout, just ignore the colour changing instructions.



You can find it here on Ravelry!












No comments:

Post a Comment




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...