Saturday 24 January 2015

Skein Queen Club & Follow Your Arrow 2

 
  

I'm not normally a fan of pink, but when this little bundle appeared on my doorstep I couldn't help but fall in love with it.  

As ever, Skein Queens book club provides one skein of variegated & one skein of semi-solid.  This time, they were based on Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, and named Pink Martini (the caked one) & Feminine Charms (the semi-solid skein). The base is exquisite twist; 80% merino, 10% cashmere & 10% nylon. 

Much like everyone else, I'm aiming to reduce the amount of yarn I buy this year, because my stash really is becoming ridiculous.  However, I have decided to keep up the clubs I'm a member of, because I simply can't do without these beautiful little surprises appearing through my door.  Though, if being honest with myself, more single skeins are the last things I need!

In an attempt to actually start knitting with the lovely yarn Skein Queen has been posting to me these past three months, I decided to cake up her most recent club in order to join a KAL - Ysoldas Follow Your Arrow 2

Following the great success of Arrows original last year, Ysolda has cooked up another multi-optional shawl for us to get excited about.  As with last year, some knitters are managing to knit several of these in order to try as many of the options as possible, but I think I'll stick to one!   It appears that this year the shawl will involve lots of texture, and I'm intrigued to see how all the different combinations will turn out. 

Last year, my arrows was knitted with Manos.  It is beautiful - and definitely not worn enough. 

I've said it before, and I'll mention it again - KALs are wonderful.  They bring knitters together in a way that feels so sociable and encourages us to be part of something.  For some, they provide motivation, others reassurance.  Some simply enjoy browsing through the many different ways knitters can form one item, the yarn and techniques they have used to do so.  Those tiny adjustments, tweaks and personal additions which make each and every garment unique whilst always keeping in touch with the original.  

In a small way, it makes me happy to see so many people come together with one simple goal.

There's also a small situation arising, because I have just this minute spotted another yarn club which looks exciting.  Did you know (because I didn't), that Ysolda is starting a Yarn/Shawl club this year?  I have to stop looking at it before more clubs fall into my letterbox.  Must.  Stop.  No.  Looking. 

Do you take part in any yarn clubs or KALs?  Why do you love those ones in particular?












2 comments:

  1. I am doing the Ysolda Follow your Arrow KAL too - using some very lovely Natural Born Dyers yarn in the beautiful Starling colourway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also not much of a pink person but that old pinkishness is lovely.

    ReplyDelete




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...